On this page, the winners from Marchathon Step Challenge 2020 are announced.
The Marchathon 2020 Final Leaderboard can be viewed here. Congratulations to all of you for taking part and we hope you felt and will continue to feel the benefits, no matter where you started out from. You can download your Certificate of Achievement here.
The winners of this year’s Marchathon are listed below and well done to all!
The top teams on the Overall Leaderboard are:
- The Usual Suspects – Galway Mayo IT
- Innit to winnit – Children’s Health Ireland at Crumlin
- The School of Walk – IADT
The top teams on the Deskbased Leaderboard are:
- AIT Lightwalkers – Athlone Institute of Technology
- Tiocfaidh Ár Walk – Mary Immaculate College
- Stepexit – Dublin City Council
The winners of the other Leaderboard prize draws are:
- 4th – 10th place draw: The Footloose Four – Rabobank Dublin
- 11th – 20th place draw: Red Hot Chili Steppers – NUI Galway
- 21st – 30th place draw: The Great Pretenders – Cook Medical
- 31st – 40th place draw: Happy Feet – Dept. Of Transport, Tourism & Sport
- 41st– 50th place draw: Sexy Boys – Tallaght University Hospital
The Organisational Winners based on participation rates are:
- Best Campus: Mary Immaculate College
- Best Large Workplace: Jacobs
- Best Small Workplace: Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland
We are absolutely delighted to have won Marchathon 2020. This is third time lucky for us as we have all participated in previous challenges and really enjoyed it. We were really motivated this year after coming close previously, team morale was high and we formed a great team bond over the last month. Marchathon has been a great source of fun not only among our own team but also with other colleagues at GMIT who have enjoyed competing against each other. The banter spurred us on and encouraged us to improve our step count each week. It has inspired us to get healthier and it has really helped to de-stress and improve our mental health, especially in the current crisis. We would certainly recommend all organisations to take part, to enjoy the fun and feel the health benefits too! The Usual Suspects – Galway Mayo IT
A big thank you goes to all the Coordinators for organising Marchathon within their organisations. After careful consideration, the Best Coordinator prizes go to the following Coordinators:
- Thermo Fisher Scientific – Ryan Prendergast
- HPRA – Liz Giltrap
- GMIT – Jayne Cooley
- Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland – Shane Prendergast
- Cook Medical – Ciara Brosnan
Thanks to those of you who filled out our evaluation survey and we do value your feedback. After a random draw, Goody Packs will be going to:
- Laois County Council – Mary Brady
- University of Limerick – Sarah Keane
- SEAI – Emma Zubia
Thanks to those of you who nominated your Team Captain and the following Captains will receive a €20 gift voucher:
- GMIT – Aimee O’Malley
- Mayo County Council – Bernie Ford
- Maynooth University – David O’Loughlin
- Arup – Emma Blouin
- University of Limerick – Hasher Mohamed Ibrahim
- Solarwinds Software – Jonathan Kenneally
Thank you for sharing your In My Shoes stories with us. It was very difficult to choose the winners listed below. The stories can be read below:
The Week 4 Limerick competition has been won by the following participants.
IADT – Annie Doona Laois County Council – Tom Curran
Mayo County Council – Anne McCarthy DCU – Jonathan Farrelly
DCU – Sarah Dillon
The Week 3 Leaderboard can be viewed here!
Finally for this week, the winners of the draw for the team who reached at least 10,000 steps daily on average as part of the Week 3 Virtual Challenge is:
- Laois County Council – The 4%s
Thanks for all your Best of Ireland photos – the competition was fierce! The winning photos can be viewed on our website and the winners of this week’s Goody Packs are:
ARUP – Pooky Mitchell BioMarin – Sinead King
Cork City Council – Carissa Murphy Cork County Council – Michelle McCarthy
Cook Medical – Rocio Bautista Perez Trinity College Dublin – Patricia Boyle
DCU – Roberta Angioi Fineos – Dagmara Bartus de Souza
Limerick County Council – Michelle Cottam Limerick IT – Michael Gavin
Letterkenny IT – Robert Queen Mayo County Council – Paula Leavy McCarthy
Maynooth University – Angela McGInn NUI Galway – Fiona Drayne
Ronan Daly Jermyn – Sinead O’Mahony SEAI – Helena Hughes
TE Connectivity – Birte Irmer-Leins Three – Amber Short
TU Dublin – Peter May UCC – Andreea Le Cam
Congratulations and your Goody Packs will be sent out soon.
The Week 2 Leaderboard can be viewed here.
Finally for this week, the winners of the draw for all teams who reached at least 8,500 steps daily on average as part of the Week 2 Virtual Challenge is:
- Cork University Hospital – the heavy wheezers
It took a long time to decide on the winners of last week’s Limerick Competition. Well done to all and we enjoyed reading each one. This week’s Goody Packs go to:
Dublin City Council – Antonia Martin ALD Automotive – Patricia Evenden
Mayo County Council – Ann McCarthy Mayo County Council – Celine King
LIT – Claire Frawley Higher Education Authority – Felicity Maxwell
Laois County Council – Mags Flynn
Congratulations and your Goody Packs will be sent out.
The Week 1 Leaderboards are live! To view the Leaderboards:
- Log into activetravellogger.ie
- Select ‘View Leaderboards’ from the home screen
- From here you can change the view to display the Overall Team Leaderboard, the Desk Based Team Leaderboard, and the Leaderboard for your organisation only.
Congratulations to everyone taking part and below are the winners from all Week 1 Competitions.
Finally, for this week, the winning team of the draw for the teams whose members reached at least 7,000 steps daily as part of the Week 1 Virtual Challenge is:
- Cork County Council – Motor Mouths
It was really hard to decide on the winners of the Team Photo Competition. This week’s Goody Packs will be going to:
AECOM – AECOMplete Trek UCD – The March Hares
IDA Ireland – Feets On Fire NUI Galway – Children’s Studies
RPS Group – Siul na Circe
Back to top