Where can I buy a Step Counter?
Participants can download our free Smarter Travel Step Counter app for iOS and Android smart phones. The app will sync your steps to the Active Travel Logger, so no need to write everything down as you go. If you have a step counter from a previous challenge, or if you’ve got a fitness tracker or an app on your smart phone, you’re welcome to use these too – but remember to log into your account on the Active Travel Logger to update your steps on a regular basis. Your Team Captain can also log on your behalf. If you wish to buy a step counter, we have a limited stock available to purchase through this website using PayPal. If you would like to buy a step counter, please first check with your Workplace Coordinator that she/he has some in stock – only a limited stock is available. For purchase through the PayPal link scroll down, or you might like to consider the following additional options for counting your steps:
- You can use your preferred app or wear a suitable Step Counter/activity tracker (e.g. you might have one from a previous challenge; or
- The new FREE Smarter Travel Step Counter app is available (for both Android and iOS phones) from your App Play Store on your phone – this app will auto sync your steps with the Active Travel Logger website!
You can buy your step counter for €8.00, with a portion of every sale being donated to a charity partner to be voted on by participants at the end of the Challenge. Please note that your Team Captain will need to use a credit or debit card to complete a transaction on PayPal. You must present the PayPal receipt to your Workplace Coordinator to get your step counter. You can find out who your Workplace Coordinator is on the Contact Page in your Active Travel Logger account (you need to be logged in to see this information). Step Counters are sent directly to your Workplace Coordinator – you must print your PayPal receipt and present it to your Workplace Coordinator to get your Step Counter. Workplace Coordinators – if you are buying step counters on behalf of your organisation, you may need to do multiple transactions to pay for the quantity you want.
Choosing a Step Counter When choosing a step counter to buy, check that:
- the battery will last at least a year
- you can change the battery when it runs out
- the unit clips securely to your clothes
- the numbers are easy to see
- you’re happy with the counter functions – some record steps only, others can record your activity over seven days, and let you adjust the sensitivity of your unit.
Back to top