What is Marchathon?
Marchathon is the annual Smarter Travel Campus Walking Challenge that runs in March each year. It is open to all Third Level Campuses who are Partners of the Smarter Travel Campus Programme.
If you have any questions about this event email firstname.lastname@example.org
How does Marchathon work?
The aim of the challenge is to encourage staff and students to walk more, aiming to increase their steps throughout the challenge, ideally reach 10,000 steps or more each day by the end of the challenge. Participants are asked to form a team, register online, dust off their step counter (or download an app e.g. our Smarter Travel Step Counter app for android and apple devices) and get walking for the month of March.
To take part, staff and students will need to:
- Get into a team of 3-6 people, including the captain!
- Sign up online www.activetravellogger.ie
- Get a step counter (i.e. download the free Smarter Travel Step counter app for Apple and Android, buy a pedometer, use a fit bit, Ipod or other step tracking device)
- During the Challenge: log steps online www.activetravellogger.ie
It is an honesty based system but spot checks on the accuracy of entries will be done throughout the challenge.
How to win
Teams are awarded for their improvement throughout the challenge and for reaching the top of the leaderboard. There are also lots of opportunities to win prizes throughout the challenge, including photo competitions, story competitions and weekly prize draws.
Participating Campuses – Marchathon 2017
– Athlone Institute of Technology
– Dublin City University
– Dublin Institute of Technology
– Dún Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design and Technology (IADT)
– Galway Mayo Institute of Technology
– Institute of Technology Blanchardstown
– Institute of Technology Sligo
– Institute of Technology Tralee
– Letterkenny Institute of Technology
– Limerick College of Further Education
– Limerick Institute of Technology
– Mary Immaculate College
– Maynooth University
– National University of Ireland Galway
– Trinity College Dublin
– University College Cork
– University College Dublin
– University of Limerick
– Waterford Institute of Technology
If your campus would like to take part in 2018 please contact email@example.com
Stay in touch
Facebook: www.facebook.com/smartertravelcampus, Twitter: @Stcampus