Review of Bus Éireann Expressway Route 5 withdrawal
Posted on 19/03/15 at 12:36
The National Transport Authority today (March 19, 2015) published its Review of Withdrawal of Bus Éireann’s licenced Route 5 Expressway service (Waterford to Dublin via Wexford corridor).
In the Review, the Authority undertakes a detailed analysis of the impact of the removal of Bus Éireann Expressway Route 5 on the affected towns’ public transport links. It determines that some of these links should be maintained to meet a social need, and it proposes that these links are established by:
1) Reconfiguration and additional services on Route 132 to serve Tullow and Bunclody connecting to Dublin
2) New rural transport services to connect the towns of Clonroche, Bunclody and Tullow to Enniscorthy and New Ross for onward connections to Dublin, Wexford and Waterford.
The Next Steps, as determined by the Authority are:
1. NTA to procure the new rural transport services
2. Bus Éireann to put in place the reconfigured 132 service
3. NTA to put in place the connecting rural transport services
4. Bus Éireann to commence amended Expressway Route 4.
all to be co-ordinated in advance of the withdrawal of Bus Éireann Expressway Route 5.
The Review of Withdrawal of Bus Éireann’s licenced Route 5 Expressway service (Waterford to Dublin via Wexford corridor Report is available to download and read.
For more information see HERE