Partner Success Stories
Smarter Travel Workplaces is working with a range of large Partner organisations, in both the public and private sector, to develop and implement workplace travel plans.
Symantec Ltd is one of the world’s largest software companies. The company provides security, storage and systems management solutions to help their customers – from small businesses to the largest global organizations. Symantec employs approximately 750
multinational employees at their Ballycoolin Business Park, Dublin site.
Symantec signed up to the Smarter Travel Workplaces programme in October 2011 and have worked on a number of innovative initiatives since! These include:
- Holding a Transportation Awareness Day involving cycle providers and Smarter Travel Workplaces to promote car sharing;
- Participation in the 10 Minute Cycle Challenge;
- Participation in the Annual Pedometer Challenge;
- Irish Heart Foundation Blood Pressure Checks for staff;
- Staff location, walking and cycling maps developed; and
- A Symantec car share group on www.carsharing.ie.
Symantec have used their Green Team, a group of proactive volunteers, to champion Smarter Travel Workplaces and implement the initiatives mentioned above. All Symantec employees involvement helped to fulfil activities on the Dublin site. This approach has proved extremely effective; with a recent follow up travel survey showing that the site has reduced its level of car drivers by 6% over the course of a year! Bus use, cycling and walking have all subsequently increased at Symantec.
These results reflect the commitment from the Green Team over the past year to progress smarter travel measures at the site. Smarter Travel Workplaces wishes Symantec continued success going forward and congratulations to the Green Team in Symantec and all staff involved in achieving such significant change after just one year!Back to top