European Cycle Challenge Prize Winners 2016
Congratulations to EVERYONE who took part in the 2016 European Cycle Challenge!
And especially those who haven’t cycled for a while!! To see the updated official leaderboard click here and then click on Dublin to see your individual status or SubTeams and then Dublin to see your workplace.
- Leaderboard Prize Winners:
Our TOP Smarter Travel cyclists certainly did the extra mile with amazing distances cycled! And our top 3 male champions added quite a buzz towards the end – it truly was a race to the finish! A very big well done to all of you!
- Leaderboard Winning Male: Congratulations Citizen Wolf (Dublin Cycle Campaign) clocking up an impressive 1315 KMs!
- he was followed very closely by Jason Webb (RCSI) at 1276 KMs and Gareth Enright (Beaumont Hospital) at 1269
- Leaderboard Winning Female: Vanessa Sterry (SSE Airtricity) clocking up an impressive 694 kms!
- she was followed by Rachel Breen (Roughan & O’Donovan) at 659 KMs and Amanda McHugh (Deloitte) at 609Ms.
- Cycling Beyond Average – Lucky Winners
This challenge is also a celebration of cycling, and we wish we could recognise the efforts of each and every one of you. As promised those that had cycled more than the average distance cycled were entered into a draw. The average at end of the challenge was 179 kms, and 232 of you cycled that distance or more! (calculation was based on distance cycled divided by number of active cyclists). Our lucky winners are:
- Frist prize: Cyril Reboul (Oracle)
- Runner up Prize: Lukasz P (Clifton Scannell Emerson Associates).
- The Winning Smarter Travel Workplaces:
There was also some serious competition amongst our TOP Ranking Smarter Travel Workplace teams!!
- St Vincent’s Hospital, our winning workplace, clocked up an incredible 8,004 kms; and
- Roughan & O’Donovan, also a winner, clocked up 6,771kms, which is all the more impressive when you consider that they are one of our smaller Smarter Travel Workplaces.
Congratulations also to all of our TOP Ranking Workplace teams and importantly also to the Workplace Coordinators – we know only too well how hard they work behind the scenes!!
|The top 10 workplaces were:|
|St Vincent’s Hospital (winner)||8,004|
|Roughan & O’Donovan (winner)||6,771|
|Dublin Cycle Campaign Member||5,747|
|Trinity College Dublin – Staff||5,613|
|DIT (Staff) Dublin Institute of Technology||4,943|
|National Transport Authority||4,458|
Best Improvers and New Active Cyclists:
The Final week best improvers were Mary Anne O’Carroll Dun Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design and Technology) and Marlon Da Hora (<span “>The Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland), and the spot prizes for new active cyclists were won by Shane Dunny (Aecom) and Sheila Kelly (South Dublin County Council Staff). Congratulations to all of you who made huge strides in the last week or cycled their first ten kms and more over that last weekend.
Final Week Photo Moments!
Thank you to everyone who sent in photos during the challenge. A cycle goodie pack and challenge T-shirt will be finding its way to our final week cycle challenge photo winners: Bernardo Nipoti (TCD); Leiha Shrubsall (Allianz Worldwide Care ) and Kevin Brennan (ROD). Thank you to all of you who shared photos. To see the European Cycle Challenge album, click here.
Finally congratulations Clara Clark who wins a cycle goodie bag for her lovely poem on cycling. Thank you Clara, your poem provides the perfect note to found off the Cycle Challenge 2016…
Cycling is joy
Cycling is freedom
Cycling is fun
Cycling is exhilarating
Cycling is A to B in jig time
Cycling is saving the planet
Cycling is cleaning the air
Cycling is leaving space of those who need to drive
Cycling is blowing the wind in my hair
Cycling is fit legs and good lungs
Cycling is …. A pleasure beyond compare
Clara Clark, May 2016
Back to top