Smarter Travel Cycle Challenge 2017
The 2017 Cycle Challenge, and 200 years of cycling
Celebrate cycling as more people are discovering, and rediscovering, just what a great transport mode cycling is.
2017 is a special year for cycling, marking 200 years since the arrival of the first verifiable bike in Germany!
The National Transport Authority and many of the Smarter Travel Workplaces have been celebrating in their own way, having completed two cycle challenges during 2017; Spring Forward and the European Cycling Challenge.
Spring Forward Cycle Challenge
The Challenge ran from 20th March to the 9th April, and celebrated cycling alongside the awakening of spring! The challenge was about having fun, getting fit, being part of a team and simply enjoying getting about by bike. The challenge had 115 teams of 3-6 people competing from 28 Smarter Travel Workplaces, who together recorded almost 11,000 trips by bike during the three-week challenge.
Resources for the Spring Forward Cycle Challenge 2017
- Download our Spring Forward Cycle Challenge Coordinator Guide for sample text, leaderboards and promotional ideas
- The Cycle_Challenge_Information presentation will also give you a handy overview
- If you need some promotional text, this sample_e-mail_text or sample text 2 might help.
- If you wish to hold a sign up event, why not use this sign_up_sheetr
- For a quick overview, check out Spring_Forward_2017_Essential_Info
- Let your staff know about the challenge with the poster-
- Click for Top_tips_for_cycling to work.