2018 Smarter Travel Cycle Challenge
Smarter Travel’s Annual Cycle Challenge takes place this year from 9th – 29th May 2018. The Challenge is open to staff and students of all Smarter Travel Workplace and Campus partners.
What is the Cycle Challenge?
The Cycle Challenge is a fun, free, trip based team event where every trip taken by bike puts your team in with a chance to win some fantastic prizes!
How do I take part?
Get a team of 3-6 people together, and log the total number of cycling trips that you cycle every day. There is no minimum number of trips required, so don’t worry if you’re taking your time building up trips. The main thing is taking part, supporting your colleagues and having fun on your bike! Once your team has a name and a Captain, participants can register for the challenge using at www.activetravellogger.ie
There will also be a distance based prize each week for individuals who want to clock up and record their kilometres, but the aim of the challenge is more trips with your team!
- here for the coordinators guide (this contains great information for cyclists in addition to ways on how to promote cycling in your organisation!;
- here for the participants guide; and
- here for a link to a printable version of our eye catching poster!
Some comments from last year’s participants on their experiences of the Challenge:
- “Great to be back on the bike”
- “Saved money”
- “Enjoyed a different route every day”
- “I have continued to cycle every day!! – I love it!!”
Participating workplaces and campuses will be listed here when and as they register, or keep an eye out for posters advertising the Challenge where you are. You’ll then be able to go over to www.activetravellogger.ie, register (if you haven’t already) and join the Cycle Challenge with your workplace.
- ALD Merrion Fleet
- Analog Devices International
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- BD Medical
- Clifton Scannell Emerson Associates
- Cork City Council
- Cork County Council
- Dublin City council
- Dún Laoghaire Rathdown County Council
- Galway University Hospital
- Health Products Regulatory Authority (HPRA)
- Henry J Lyons Architects
- Jacobs Engineering Ireland
- LEO Pharma, Dublin
- Limerick City and County Council
- Mayo County Council
- Oracle Emea Ltd
- Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital
- Roughan & O’Donovan
- South Dublin County Council
- SSE Airtricity
- St Vincent’s University Hospital
- The National Maternity Hospital
- Three Ireland
- Transport infrastructure ireland
- Waterford Council
- Cork Institute of Technology
- Dublin City University
- Dublin Institute of Technology
- IT Sligo
- Mary Immaculate College
- NUI Galway
- Limerick Institute of Technology
- The University of Limerick
Back to top