2018 Smarter Travel Cycle Challenge
Smarter Travel’s Annual Cycle Challenge takes place this year from 9th – 29th May 2018. The Challenge is open to staff and students of all Smarter Travel Workplace and Campus partners.
A team event for 3 – 6 people, the aim is to get on your bike and get moving; to work, college, the shops, the school run, whenever you need to get around.
The challenge is for cyclists of all levels – 25% who took part in last year’s Challenge classified themselves as ‘new/ returning cyclists’.
- here for the coordinators guide (this contains great information for cyclists in addition to ways on how to promote cycling in your organisation!;
- here for the participants guide; and
- here for a link to a printable version of our eye catching poster!
Some comments from last year’s participants on their experiences of the Challenge:
- “Great to be back on the bike”
- “Saved money”
- “Enjoyed a different route every day”
- “I have continued to cycle every day!! – I love it!!”
Participating workplaces and campuses will be listed here when and as they register, or keep an eye out for posters advertising the Challenge where you are. You’ll then be able to go over to www.activetravellogger.ie, register (if you haven’t already) and join the Cycle Challenge with your workplace.
- ALD Merrion Fleet
Analog Devices International
Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Clifton Scannell Emerson Associates
Cork City Council
Cork County Council
Dublin City council
Galway University Hospital
Health Products Regulatory Authority (HPRA)
Henry J Lyons Architects
Mayo County Council
Oracle Emea Ltd
Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital
Roughan & O’Donovan
South Dublin County Council
St Vincent’s University Hospital
The National Maternity Hospital
Transport infrastructure ireland
Mary Immaculate College
The University of Limerick
Dublin City University
Dublin Institute of Technology