How Can I Win?
Reboot Your Commute! Join the Commuter Challenge & your team could win lots of goodies and a free lunch each week! There will also be social media competitions, prizes for referring a friend, best team member, best overall workplace and campus, and much more! Read on below to see how you can be a winner..
Before the challenge
Refer a friend: Refer a friend and be in with a chance of winning a €50 shopping voucher & goodie pack. To win, simply get a friend to join the challenge and ensure that they have registered on activetravellogger.ie. Once they have registered, fill in the name of the friend you have referred and your contact details here, and you will be entered into the draw.
During the challenge
- Take the Commuter Challenge; sign up online with your team. Each Monday teams who log their trips before 12pm for the previous week will be included in a prize draw. The weekly winning team will win a selection of goodies to help on their commute and a €10 gift card for each team member to spend on a team lunch or whatever you fancy!
- Steps weekly competition: 5 weekly winners awarded goodie packs related to walking.
- Cycling distance weekly competition: 5 weekly winners awarded goodie packs related to cycling.
Weekly Photo Competition
- Submit photos of you and your team mates participating in the Commuter Challenge
- All photo entries must be submitted via a link on the Smarter Travel website
- Quirky, creative and fun photos are highly encouraged!!
- The best photos of the week will be awarded at 12pm every Friday
- A selection of goodies & €10 gift cards to be won
At the end of the challenge
- Share your travel challenge story and you could win a €50 shopping voucher. Stories can be in text or video format. They can be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or via our social media channels.
- Complete the evaluation survey and we’ll enter you into a prize draw to win a €50 shopping voucher.
- Participants have the opportunity to nominate their team captain or a member of their team who inspired them to try a new mode or who made huge efforts to get to travel smart on their journey to work or college. The winning team captain and team member will win a €50 voucher each. At the end of the challenge you will be sent a link where you can to nominate your team captain or an inspiring member of your team or another team in your workplace.
Be sure to encourage friends and colleagues in your workplace/campus to sign up to the challenge and log trips! At the end of the Challenge the accolade of Best Workplace & Best Campus will be awarded to the workplace and campus with the highest percentage uptake in the challenge. The winning Workplace & Campus will win prestige, an Afternoon Tea celebration for all participants, goodies and a trophy.
Prizes will also be awarded to the top 5 workplace/campus coordinator at the end of the challenge. This will be judged based on participation, effort to promote and encourage staff and students to get involved and maintain motivation throughout the 6 week travel challenge. Five €75 shopping vouchers will be awarded.
Coordinators will be entered into the competition upon providing the following information post-challenge (via survey monkey evaluation):
- Description of effort made to promote the challenge & recruit participants.
- Details of events and activities undertaken during the challenge to encourage, support and motivate participants.
- Plans to host a prize giving event for participants on campus/in the workplace.