How Can I Take Part?
- Firstly, check if your workplace is participating in the Smarter Travel Workplaces or Campus programme.
- Once confirmed, get together with your workmates or class mates to form a team of 3-6 people before the Challenge starts on the 1st of October 2018. Give your team a name and nominate a Team Captain. Each participant must have a working email address.
- Set up an account and create a team on activetravellogger.ie, or login to your existing account if you have one.
- Once the team is created, all participants on the team must set up their own individual account on activetravellogger.ie. If you don’t have access to a PC, tablet or smart phone, don’t worry – your Team Captain can still log your journeys on your behalf. Or if for some reason you can’t log your details on a given day, again your Team Captain can do this for you.
- From Monday the 1st of October to Sunday 11th November 2018: Walk, run, cycle, take public transport or carpool for your commute, or try a combination of different modes of transport.
- Ensure you log how you travelled to and from work the previous week, online at activetravellogger.ie before 12pm each Monday during the challenge, to be in with a chance to win some great prizes.
- If you have used more than one mode of transport on your commute, be sure to log each mode used. For example: if you have walked and used public transport, create one log for the walking part of your journey, and a separate log for the part of the journey you made by public transport.
There will be lots of opportunities to win prizes during the challenge, click here for more information on how you can win!Back to top